Feb 12, 2015

Upgrade Debian 7.8 to 8.0

After I started to use Debian 7.8 with gnome 3.4 (that's who comes with the image) I realized that some extensions that I want to use aren't supported in this version of gnome . If you see in the Debian website, the stable version launched in 10 of January of 2015 is perfect, but still use the gnome 3.4 and I preferred to upgrade my version to test once, a unstable testing version. The unstable version, "Jessie" in Debian 8 it's great and comes with gnome 3.14!!!! The steps that I follow are simple and remember to do by your own risk, try to test before in a virtual machine.
1- First update the source list replacing all words of "wheezy" by "jessie"  in the "/etc/apt/sources.list".
2- After update and install all packages:
su
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade
And go to prepare a cup of coffee, mainly if your internet is slow......It takes sometime to finish, but in the end you will be happy to see a image like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment